Saturday, October 26, 2024

Back In the Saddle. Kinda.

Some have been curious about my health lately, given my more recent FB posts. I appreciate the concern (it has been warranted, after a couple of falls that started a coupla years ago in Martinique and culminated in a three-hour close-up encounter with our bathroom floor. Thus inspired, I finally agreed (reluctantly) to see a doctor starting last August.
I have been poked and prodded by a series of specialists up to and including today. There is more to come, but today's session reconfirmed some things it is not:
Cancer
Diabetes
Kidney failure
A stroke
My absolute fatigue has been the main issue, though that has improved markedly and I am again enthusiastic about cooking. While my mobility is slower and aided by a gentleman' proper walking stick.
I quit alcohol a coupla months ago and it wasn't the challenge I anticipated. Steaks look great with some red wine but I know the flavors. Like a good love affair from Back When, you smile and remember but that time has passed.
Fatigue remains An Issue. I can (and have) slept 18 hours a day. Imbalance remains, though slightly improved. Still on the table:
Some sort of brain injury or malfunction. MRIs etc have been done.
Cirrhosis. My PCP isn't convinced that's The Issue,  but my history of debauchery is undeniable.
Hepatitis-C would certainly explain the fatigue but liver function has improved and my weight is now stable at 202. The swelling iny feet/legs is pretty much gone, though there is still too much in my abdomen.
At least for now, we'll do some PT to regain strength and balance after basically two months of nothing. As mentioned, there is more work like endoscopy and colonoscopy still coming. Whatever dudes. At least my PCP likes my jokes.
Thanks to all for your concern and care. I promise to not be as spotty with updates.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home